Affordable Health for All in Arkansas
Cleburne County • Craighead County • Cross County • Independence County • Jackson County • Lonoke County • Monroe County • Prairie County • White County • Woodruff County
ARcare is a private non-profit corporation developed to provide affordable care to meet the primary medical and dental care needs of the residents in rural Arkansas, especially in the communities of Cleburne County, Craighead County, Cross County, Independence County, Jackson County, Lonoke County, Monroe County , Prairie County, White County, and Woodruff County. ARcare has created a Healthcare Home through a network of primary care clinics, dental clinics, pharmacies, and wellness centers. ARcare’s highly-trained doctors, dentists, and healthcare professionals provide education and prevention programs to other Arkansas agencies, as well as to our patients.
ARcare has been affiliated with Baptist Health since 1996. Our affiliation with Baptist Health enables us to provide greater resources and networks for the areas in Arkansas that we serve. In addition, ARcare has an affiliation with Health Resources of Arkansas, Inc. to provide Behavioral Health services at our Health Care Home. Through our affiliations, ARcare is able to provide affordable medical, dental, and behavioral health services to all in Arkansas.
ARcare’s leaders made the decision to become a community health center in 1986 so that we could serve as a “safety net” for rural communities to ensure that no one who needs healthcare is denied access. We believe that healthy communities are the essence of American life. As a community health center, ARcare is community owned and is dependent on community involvement and leadership. The direction ARcare has taken in the last few years is a visible expression of the unswerving commitment we have to the Arkansas communities we serve. Our partnerships with local businesses and concerned citizen groups as well as our participation in community development activities speak to our ongoing commitment to provide affordable health for all in Arkansas.
Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of ARcare is Health for All with a focus on customer health, community health, employee health, and organizational health. Our mission is at the core of every activity we pursue.
The vision of ARcare is to be the largest primary care provider in Arkansas, the provider of first choice in our communities, and a national leader of community health centers.
The values of ARcare guide employees in providing superior service to fulfill our mission and achieve our vision. Our values are:
- Stewardship – Valuing our resources daily to ensure our mission tomorrow
- Positive Attitude – Empowering employees to create an energetic work environment
- Integrity – Honesty, ethics, and dedication to all we do
- Respect – Appreciating all people, work, and ideas
- Improvement – Always striving for performance excellence
- Teamwork – Achieving our goals together
ARcare Board of Directors
- Mr. Burl Simmons - Board President
- Mr. Kelly Hughes - Board Treasurer
- Ms. Martha Ray - Board Secretary
- Ms. Leila Alston - Board Member
- Mr. Joe Young - Board Member
- Mr. Gary Browning - Board Member
- Mr. James Adams - Board Member
- Ms. Patricia Holloway - Board Member
- Ms. Katheron Palmer - Board Member
- Mr. Floyd Waymire - Board Member
- Mr. Bedford Tuberville - Board Member
ARcare serves all of rural Arkansas with locations in Augusta, Heber Springs, Jonesboro, Lake City, Parkin, Wynne, Batesville, Newport, Swifton, Carlisle, England, Brinkley, Des Arc,
Hazen, Bald Knob, Kensett, Cotton Plant, McCrory.