Get Connected. Stay Connected.
Our team of case managers help people living with HIV connect to and stay in medical care. Local case managers work with you to identify goals, connect you to resources, and resolve barriers to accessing medical, social, and other supportive services in the community. Referrals to empowerment (support) groups, housing assistance, legal assistance, and more may be provided. The goal is to empower you with everything you need to live with dignity and ensure you have a support system in place to manage living with HIV.
The most important part of the case manager/client collaboration is mutual respect, trust, and a willingness to meet any challenges together. Our case managers are compassionate, caring and hardworking.
We can help you connect to:
- HIV-related Medication Assistance
- Laboratory Services
- Core Medical Services
- Behavioral Health
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Oral Health Care
- Transportation for Medical Appointments
- Nutritional Counseling
- Food Assistance
- Insurance Premium and Co-Pay Assistance
- Support/Empowerment Groups
*Services subject to availability and eligibility requirements. Contact us to schedule an intake to enroll in Ryan White case management.
Our Nutrition program provides nutrition education and information specific to those living with HIV. Our medical case managers and our Registered Dietitian also provide an understanding of how good nutrition correlates with better health. The relationship between HIV and nutrition is multifaceted. HIV can cause or worsen malnutrition because of decreased food intake, increased energy requirements and poor nutrient absorption caused by pharmaceutical side effects. Malnutrition in turn further weakens the immune system, increasing susceptibility to infections. As funding allows, ARcare Positive Connections may provide limited food and nutritional supplements for qualified clients.
Nutritional counseling is available to any client enrolled in the Ryan White program.
When our clients set and achieve a goal related to their HIV care, we all succeed in playing a role to end HIV in Arkansas. Education is provided for everyone about HIV, risk management, consistent medical treatment and medication adherence.
Outcomes for people living with HIV served through our case management services:
- Access to life-saving medications
- Early linkage to and retention in medical care
- Improved integration of services provided across the whole community
- Prevention of HIV transmission and delay of HIV progression through viral suppression
- Increased knowledge of HIV Treatment Adherence
- Reinforcement of positive health behaviors in order to achieve optimal health outcomes
- Personal empowerment and efficacy
- Improved quality of life through self-sustainability
Contact us to schedule an intake with a case manager near you to determine program eligibility and enroll in Ryan White case management services.