The ARcare Foundation’s mission is to promote wellness for all Arkansans, no matter where they are, who they are, or what opportunities they’ve had so far. Wellness takes many forms, and we strive to promote all of them. By developing a set of clear objectives, we leave no stone unturned in our efforts to provide community support throughout Arkansas. These objectives include:
Education is the bedrock of every form of wellness. The better one’s education, the easier it is to live a healthy life, get a job, and take proper care of your loved ones. We thus offer a host of services to promote education. These include reading lessons, early learning classes, adult education classes, before and after school events, scholarships, and a school-based health clinic. We also provide eye exams and learning disability assessments so that if there is any barrier to your child getting a good education, you can recognize and correct it.
One of the greatest barriers to accessing medical care in rural Arkansas is transportation. We ensure that everyone can get the care they need by coordinating van services to and from the most remote communities.
The ARcare Foundation offers cancer care, diabetes management, health education, fitness programs, and countless other services to help people understand and improve their health. From treating existing diseases to preventing future ones, we keep Arkansans of all ages as healthy as possible.
The more economic opportunities there are, the easier it is for you and your family to pay for care. We thus work with local businesses and chambers of commerce to promote economic growth and extend job opportunities to as many workers as possible. We also provide direct employment from our 50+ facilities throughout the state.
Like most Arkansans, you’re likely eager to donate your money, time, and skills to the good of your community. But you also want to make sure your funds are going to a good cause before you donate. When you support the ARcare Foundation, your money contributes to:
- Setting up mobile care vans
- Promoting literacy and education to Arkansans of all ages
- Providing nutritious breakfast, lunch and snacks to children
- Organizing daycare for young children
- Funding scholarships for people who wish to study at Arkansas State University or the colleges of the AICU
- Working with local businesses and chambers of commerce to promote economic development
- Offering outreach programs to educate people about the importance of exercise, nutrition, and disease management
- Treating cancer, diabetes, and other diseases
- Improving tragedy assistance for the ARcare team and everyone they serve
If you would like to help support the ARcare Foundation’s cause, please fill out a donation form today by clicking the button below:
Board of Directors
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: Steven F. Collier, MD, Augusta
Executive Assistant: Cindy Webb
Foundation Director: Rev. David Orr
Mr. Ben Lester
Ms. Eva Jones
Mr. Jerry Jones
Mr. Harold Perrin
Mr. Tom Stanley
Mr. Nate Steel
Ms. Paula Veazey