PGY2 Ambulatory Care Program
Our PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency Program builds on the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and PGY1 pharmacy residency to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists in ambulatory care practice. Residents are provided with opportunities to function independently as practitioners by conceptualizing and integrating accumulated experience and knowledge and incorporating both into the provision of patient care in advanced ambulatory care practice. Residents who successfully complete this accredited PGY2 ambulatory care pharmacy residency are prepared for an ambulatory care clinical position (new or established) in an academic or non-academic setting, along with board certification in ambulatory care. ARcare’s PGY2 pharmacy residency is offered in an FQHC environment and focuses on ambulatory care practice areas, patient populations, and disease state. The structure of our PGY2 residency is designed using the set of competency areas, goals, and objectives are used in conjunction with the ASHP Accreditation Standard for PGY2 Pharmacy Residency Programs.
PGY2 Program Learning Experiences
- Orientation (Rotation)
- Ambulatory Care Administration (Longitudinal)
- Asthma and COPD Clinics (Longitudinal)
- Chronic Disease State Management Clinic (Longitudinal)
- HIV and Viral Hepatitis Clinics (Longitudinal)
- Research and Project Management (Longitudinal)
- Teaching and Learning (Longitudinal)
- Based on the resident’s interests and areas for improvement, elective experiences may be created and incorporated into the resident’s development plan.
- Residents may choose to participate in optional teaching and research certificate programs available through the Universite of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
PGY2 Program Details
Program Sites and Number of Positions
- Central Arkansas :: 1 Position
- July 2023
- The PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency program conducted by ARcare, Searcy, Arkansas, is accredited by ASHP.
- Graduation from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree
- Must be participating in, or have completed, an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program or one in the ASHP accreditation process
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Arkansas
- Registered with the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS®)
- Participation in the ASHP Resident Matching Program, administered by National Matching Services Inc.
- Submission of a detailed letter of intent, current curriculum vitae, official academic transcripts, and three letters of recommendation through PhORCAS®
- Application Deadline: January 5th, 2023
**Apply for the ASHP Residency Matching Program at: www.natmatch.com/ashprmp
- ARcare’s National Matching Service Code: 635765
- ASHP Program Code: 71203
For more information contact:
Gabriella Douglass PharmD, BCACP, AAHIVP, BC-ADM, TTS, ACUE
Clinical Pharmacist, Residency Program Director
ARcare | 1241 W Beebe Capps Expy | Searcy, AR 72143